Thursday, January 03, 2008

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone! Are you all as tired as I am? This year it seems like Christmas came upon us so fast, maybe because I set my deadlines later and had sessions on into December where I normally do not do that. I think that 2007 as a whole really just flew by for us, maybe because we had so many events! Whatever the case, I am looking forward to a slower paced 2008! Not less work, just less life events!
Are you one who makes a new years resolution? I'm not, I used to, but like most people, I didn't follow through with them, so I quit. This year, my hope is that we will all stay healthy and spend time doing what we love. The older I get the more I realize how fast life seems to fly by and how important it is to enjoy NOW, and enjoy the little things. My kids are growing up so fast, and it's sometimes hard to believe when I look at them. I recently watched an episode of Oprah (a rare indulgence) and her guest that day was Author Mitch Albom. The topic was "how would you spend one more day with someone you loved" so it really makes you think about what is really important. Also highlighted was the book "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff" by Richard Carlson, which I plan to read. His widow and 2 daughters were guests of Oprah as well and hearing their testimony really made me stop in my tracks and realize how unimportant some things that stress me, really are. So IF I had a resolution, it would be to just live life fuller and enjoy it! How simple is that? :) What about you, do you have a New Years Resolution?
So, I'm feeling sappy and nostalgic today, I'll share an image that I think looks nostalgic.
Wishing you all a happy, healthy and blessed New Year!
Hugs
Dawn

No comments: